The 5 components to help you manage your employee’s performance.
1. Planning : Plan their performance expectation, guide them towards the set goal, help them understand what is expected from them.
2. Monitoring : always monitor their progress and give them necessary feedback that will help them towards set goal.
3. Developing : allow them the opportunity to build their capabilities and skill-sets that is needed for better performance. This can be done through training, education assistants or higher level job responsibilities.
4. Rating : measure and evaluate their performance. Discuss their ratings with them so that they can reflect on what needs to be improved, and to also realize the improvement they have achieved.
5. Rewarding : their performance through incentives and recognition. Let them know when they are doing good.